MG & Company is a dynamic boutique construction management and general construction firm in NYC. Over the past 20 years, we successfully established ourselves in the NYC market, completing projects in the highly competitive disciplines of Hospitality, Commercial and Residential. Our work includes schools, residencies, offices, retail stores and restaurants. The company is fast-paced and hands-on, working directly with NYC’s top chefs, accomplished architects and a wide array of clientele. We offer construction and pre-construction services. The fact that much of our business is repeat business speaks for itself.
We are currently looking for an energetic, smart, team player to add to our Project Management team. This candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in project management, interior design, architecture, construction management or equivalent, a minimum of 5 years of experience in either commercial or residential projects (preferably both), and be hands-on and flexible in a fast moving environment. Experience with estimating would be a plus. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please include your salary requirements and/or salary range in your cover letter.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-construction / Construction: establish project budgets, value engineering, establish/maintain project schedules identifying critical path items, maintain positive client and consultant relations, trade scope review, subcontractor negotiations and buy out, manage submittal process, run weekly meetings and establish meeting minutes, oversee/ manage job site staff
Budget / cost control
- Negotiate, execute and manage all subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders, pay requisitions, monthly billings, job cost overview, and maintain all job files
- Oversight of overall job quality of construction and purchased materials, strict adherence to job specs and design intent, solid knowledge of means and methods in order execute architectural and engineering standards and / or present value engineering options, supervise punch list and produce project close out documents
SKILL SET AND PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft outlook, Excel, Microsoft Project, Timberline (or similar construction management software)
- Must be familiar with basic accounting and cost management
- Must have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong industry material knowledge a plus
- Independent and good problem solver needed
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible are key to the organization
- A strong work ethic and “can-do” attitude is necessary